Upside Down Homepage Step by Step + Free Template
People often ask us to create a template for this or that type of landing page they found online, and while we're always adding new landing page templates you don't have to wait for us to create them!
Thrive Architect allows you to create any landing page you like from scratch. The "Landing Page From Scratch" video series are here to show you exactly how to get the most out of your plugin.
In this video you're going to discover how to create an Upside Down Homepage.
Bryan Harris from Videofruit has been talking a lot about the impact changing the design of his homepage to the Upside Down Homepage had on his list building.
You'll soon discover, the Upside Down Homepage is a lead generation page in disguise with no less than five 2-step opt-in buttons.
As Shane explained in his video How to Build the Perfect, Conversion Focused Homepage turning your homepage into a lead generation page will help get more subscribers so if the goal of your homepage is to turn your visitors into subscribers, you might want to test the Upside Down Homepage.
1. Discover the Building Blocks
When you want to replicate a landing page such as this Upside Down Homepage, you should look at the page and find the building blocks.
Ignore everything that is design and text and purely look at the formatting and layout of the elements on the page.
The Upside Down homepage has 5 different sections with specific elements.
- A full width background image with a big title, a subtitle and a 2-step opt-in button
- Authority proof images
- A title above a 3-column layout. In each column we find a title, an icon, text and a 2-step opt-in button
- An big title, an image of the author and the name, paragraphs of text and another 2-step opt-in button
- The navigation menu
2. Create Your Own Version
Now that we've identified the building blocks, we can create our own version with Thrive Architect.
In the video you see me build the entire page, step by step.
You'll discover how to
- Transform a blank page into a full width landing page without top menu no matter what theme you are using (1 min 47 sec)
- Add a 2-step opt-in form button to create list building opportunities without cluttering your homepage with opt-in forms (4 min 30 sec)
- Create a 3 column layout in just a few seconds (9 min 58 sec)
- Limit the width of the content even on a full width page (13 min 50 sec)
- Transform any image into a round image, no need to Photoshop your images up front. (15 min)
- Add a custom menu anywhere on your page.
3. Use this Homepage Template (Coming Soon)
I hope you liked this tutorial, but you do not HAVE to build this page from scratch. You can simply download the template from the templates cloud in Thrive Architect.
How to load this template:
- Create a new page
- Save the page as a draft and edit the page with Thrive Archictect
- Go to "Page Setup" and "Choose a landing page template"
- Instead of picking the blank landing page, go to the set that's called "Bonus"
- Select the Upside Down Homepage
- This will load the Homepage AND the Thrive Lightboxes to your site!
To set this landing page as your homepage, follow these instructions.
Download Your Free Icon Illustrations
In the video, I'm referring to a free pack of icon illustrations. You download all of them for free here.
I hope you like these "Landing Pages From Scratch" video series (and the free template)! If you have any comments, questions or suggestions about landing pages you would like to see me create, you can leave them below.