Ignition is a multi purpose theme, suitable for many types of websites. With it’s full-width style and design choices made for some elements, marketing pages and landing pages look especially good when built with Ignition.
Recommended Image Sizes
Here are the ideal image widths for the Ignition theme layout:
- Featured image on a page with sidebar: 696px
- Featured image on a full width page: 1040px
- Thumbnail style featured image: 220px
- Page section background image on a page with sidebar: 696px
- Page section background image on a full width page or static image: 1920px
- Custom author image for author widget: 247px
Here are some points about the Ignition theme that may not apply to all other themes:
Ribbon Style Focus Area
For the top area, you can add a “ribbon” style Focus Area to this theme. This is a great way to get visitor’s attention to an offer without using up a lot of screen real estate. Example of the ribbon:
For purely aesthetic purposes, the ribbon Focus Area looks better when breadcrumbs are deactivated. But of course, breadcrumbs are very useful for many reasons themselves. Our general recommendation is to keep breadcrumbs active, but deactivate them on specific pages and posts, if you are only showing the ribbon on those specific pages and posts.