How to Create an Upside Down Homepage Step-by-Step [+ BONUSES]
Interested in learning how to build other sytles of homepages besides the Upside Down style?
Which of These Will Help You Most in Your Business Right Now?
(Feel Free to Use them All)
Learn How to Build Landing Pages Faster
Ever wondered what it takes to create an effective landing page, quickly? Discover all the tricks of the trade...
792 Free Icons
No strings attached. Simply download the zip-file. Unzip it on your own computer and use them for ANY project (just please don't sell them).
Building the Upside Down Homepage
People often ask us to create a template for this or that type of landing page they found online, and while we're always adding new landing page templates (we're currently up to 374 and counting) you don't have to wait for us to create them!
Thrive Architect allows you to create any landing page you like from scratch. Our "Landing Page From Scratch" video series' are here to show you exactly how to get the most out of your plugin.
In the video above you've discovered how to create an Upside Down Homepage.
Note: it's called an upside down homepage because the navigation elements (home, about, contact, etc.) found on a traditional homepage are placed at the bottom of the page.
Bryan Harris from Videofruit has recently changed the style of his homepage to this "Upside down" style and the change resulted in more subscribers for him...
You'll soon discover, the Upside Down Homepage is a lead generation page in disguise with no less than five 2-step opt-in buttons.
Turning your homepage into a lead generation page will help get more subscribers, so if the goal of your homepage is to turn your visitors into subscribers, you might want to test the Upside Down Homepage for yourself.
1. Discover the Building Blocks
The Building Blocks
of an upside down hompage
When you want to replicate a landing page such as this Upside Down Homepage, you should look at the page and find the building blocks.
Ignore everything that is design and text and purely look at the formatting and layout of the elements on the page.
The Upside Down homepage has 5 different sections with specific elements.
- 1A full width background image with a big title, a subtitle and a 2-step opt-in button
- 2Authority proof images
- 3A title above a 3-column layout. In each column we find a title, an icon, text and a 2-step opt-in button
- 4An big title, an image of the author and the name, paragraphs of text and another 2-step opt-in button
- 5The navigation menu
2. Create Your Own Version
Now that we've identified the building blocks, we can create our own version with Thrive Architect.
In the video you see me build the entire page, step by step.
You'll discover how to:
- 1Transform a blank page into a full width landing page without top menu no matter what theme you are using (1 min 47 sec)
- 2Add a 2-step opt-in form button to create list building opportunities without cluttering your homepage with opt-in forms (4 min 30 sec)
- 3Create a 3 column layout in just a few seconds (9 min 58 sec)
- 4Limit the width of the content even on a full width page (13 min 50 sec)
- 5Transform any image into a round image, no need to Photoshop your images up front. (15 min)
- 6Add a custom menu anywhere on your page.
An Upside down homepage
This template is available for free in Thrive Architect if you don't want to build it yourself.
3. Use This Homepage Template
I hope you liked this tutorial, but you do not HAVE to build this page from scratch. You can simply download the template from the templates cloud in Thrive Architect.
How to load this template in Thrive Architect:
- 1Create a new page
- 2Save the page as a draft and edit the page with Thrive Archictect
- 3Go to "Page Setup" and "Choose a landing page template"
- 4Instead of picking the blank landing page, go to the set that's called "Bonus"
- 5Select the Upside Down Homepage
- 6This will load the Homepage AND the Thrive Lightboxes to your site!
To set this landing page as your homepage, follow these instructions.