How To Integrate Thrive Apprentice with SendOwl to Sell Paid Courses
To get started though, there's a series of not-so-intuitive steps you need to knock out first before the work of crafting your online courses can begin.
We've tried to make each of these steps as intuitive as possible, but integrating with a 3rd party system like SendOwl always poses some limitations. Today's tutorial is here to help you out and make your setup a breeze.
So without further ado, let's get your Thrive Apprentice plugin integrated with SendOwl!
Setting Up Thrive Apprentice with SendOwl
Watch the video at the top of the post to get the step-by-step walkthrough of the process. By the end, you will have your SendOwl account connected to Thrive Apprentice and everything set to start selling an online course. The connection to SendOwl ensures that customers can pay you, using multiple different payment systems and Thrive Apprentice will make sure that only paying customers can access your course.
This means that you can skip cumbersome (and often pricey) membership plugins completely! As long as you simply want to sell one or more courses and you're not looking for multiple membership levels and other complicated membership setups, this setup is all you need.
How to Get Started, Summarized:
- (Assuming you've purchased Thrive Apprentice or a Thrive Membership) Go to your member dashboard and download the Thrive Product Manager WordPress plugin.
- Go to your WordPress website and upload the plugin.
- Install Thrive Apprentice on your site, via the Thrive Product Manager.
Go to "Thrive Dashboard" in your WordPress admin area and go to the API connections.
- Set up the API connection between SendOwl and your site.
- Go to the Thrive Apprentice dashboard on your WordPress website and go to Settings -> SendOwl Settings -> Start Here.
- Follow the instructions in the "Start Here" section and/or follow along with the video to set everything up.
Email Marketing Integrations & Setting Up Your Affiliate Marketing Program
SendOwl has an extensive amount of settings. The good news is that you don't need to use many of them to get your premium online course up and running.
The two most important parts of SendOwl we're going to make use of are:
- Creating a connection to our email marketing service (to build a list of customers).
- Creating an affiliate program for our course.
In second half of the video, you'll get a quick tour of the SendOwl settings page to see how you can set up your affiliate program, connect to ActiveCampaign (or a different supported email marketing service) and add a few more product related settings.
The Best Way to Get Technical Support...
If you're a Thrive Apprentice customer that's encountering any technical issues during this integration process, the fastest way to get help is to click here.
- Learn more about GDPR compliance and the "Newsletter as a Service" approach in this blog post.
- Learn about the 4 things you need, before starting to sell a course (and why we prefer the solution presented here).
Now It's Your Turn
After following the tutorial videos and step-by-step tasks illustrated in this video, you should now have everything you need to quickly integrate SendOwl with Thrive Apprentice while sidestepping any potential sticking points.
Let us know how you got on with all the integration steps by leaving a comment below!