Welcome to Lesson 2: How to Build Your Homepage with Thrive Architect
Now that you’ve set up your WordPress Theme and customized your templates, it’s time to build your homepage.
In this lesson, you’ll learn how to use Thrive Architect to customize a stunning homepage that will WOW your visitors by clearly communicating all the amazing value your business has to offer them.
Before you get started, be sure to prepare the following:
- Images, logos and other necessary visuals
- Homepage text or "copy"
But don’t overthink these assets. Work with what you have for now and you can always improve it later.
Don’t lose your momentum or forward progress by getting bogged stuck on the low-impact details you can always change later! The goal of this lesson is to get the first iteration of your homepage published so you can start driving traffic as soon as possible to your website.
Ready? Let's dive right in!
Let's Start Building!
Access your homepage via the Thrive Dashboard and head to Thrive Theme Builder and click on the Templates tab. Select the Active Homepage and click the Edit Landing Page button.
Your homepage is comprised of 6 sections:
The header, footer and sidebar are linked sections; any edits made to these sections on this template will be reflected on other templates as well.
Go through each section in turn and customize it to your liking.
- To choose a new design for a section, select the section and click on the paint palette icon in the upper left corner to view additional designs.
- Blocks are not only fun to work with, but versatile too. Reposition, edit, remove or add blocks to your sections. Read up on How to Use the Block Element.
- For a more custom feel, create your own sections and use the elements in Thrive Architect
- To customize images, click on the element and upload your image to the Media Library.
- Text is easy to edit – simply click on a piece of text and start typing.
What's particularly nice about using the tools in Thrive Suite together, is that they integrate seamlessly. If you sell online courses, you can simply add the course list or lesson list element to your page. If you use Thrive Quiz Builder you can easily add a quiz to your page. If you use Thrive Ovation, you can easily add a testimonial.
Before starting the next lesson, it's advisable to finish setting up your homepage as it's an important part of your website design moving forward.
For any technical issues or questions, reach out to our friendly support team via email: [email protected]
For non-technical questions, feel free to post these in the Thrive Themes Official User Group on Facebook.
Click "Next Lesson" to move on to Lesson 3.