Welcome to Lesson 9.
Today, you're going to build, design, and customize your first quiz with Thrive Quiz Builder.
Quizzes are one of the best lead generation tools for online businesses because, not only are they engaging, but they give you insights about your subscribers that help you provide the most relevant content and offers to them.
They’re also a fun way to hook new visitors and get them to start interacting with your website.
In today’s lesson, the goal is to create a quiz that:
- Engages your new site visitors,
- Offers a free, high-value lead magnet once the quiz is completed, and
- Drives more traffic to your website after quiz takers share their results.
This is a fun lesson and by the end of it, you’ll have yet another lead-generating asset working 24/7 to promote and grow your business.
Ready? Let's Start
In order to build your first quiz, you will need to prepare:
- A list of quiz questions and answers
- A system for scoring your quiz
Give your quiz a name, then choose a Quiz Evaluation Type from the following:
Specifying the quiz results categories, enabling / disabling the feedback display options, selecting your quiz style and even editing your chosen design - all this is entirely up to you. Customize anything from quiz colors, fonts and other text elements to spacing, background style as well as borders / corners and shadows.
A quiz structure indicates the journey a quiz-taker will experience
when taking your quiz:
Splash Page > Questions > Opt-In Gate > Results Page
Add Content to Your Quiz
Add a question by selecting a question type, customize it by giving it an optional description and image. If suitable to your quiz, enable the Weights and Tags toggles. Next, input your answer and assign it a category. Repeat this process as many times as you need (depending on your number of questions).
When it comes to arranging the order of your quiz, feel free to get creative with branching logic. For example, here are three are three possible scenarios:
Link your questions with one another in a linear order (basic quiz) via the visual diagram in Thrive Quiz Builder.
Create branching quizzes, in which different answers lead to different questions.
Single out one answer that leads to a different question when chosen.
Create and customize your Results Page, which contains your quiz results shortcode. Should you ever accidentally delete this code, simply click on the stack of coins icon in the floating bar and choose Quiz Shortcodes and Quiz Result from the Dynamic Link options.
Interested in adding 2 optional features?
- Splash Page This is the page that is displayed before your audience sees your very first quiz question. It's purpose is to serve as an invitation for your website visitors to take your quiz. Feel free to fully customize this page.
- Opt-In Gate This will prompt your quiz-takers to sign up to your email list in order to receive their results. Edit this design while keeping in mind your lead generation form, which you'll need to connect to your email marketing service. Once a lead generation form has been submitted, you can choose to either redirect your quiz-taker to a custom URL or show a success notification. Signing up to your email list can be made optional for quiz-takers.
To increase conversions on this page, it's clever to offer a high-value lead magnet of some kind that is in line with your quiz, for example:
- Free report
- Cheat Sheet
Watch the video below to learn about 6 easy steps that could help you segment, engage and nurture your leads through a quiz:
The final step is placing your quiz on your website. Choose from one of the two options:
- Place your quiz using shortcode.
- Open your webpage of choice (in either Thrive Architect or Thrive Theme Builder) and simply add your quiz by dragging & dropping the Quiz element into place.
And that's it! Your first quiz is up and running.
For a more in-depth understanding of quizzes, read our blog post titled Discover the Behind-the-Scenes Secrets of How We Built a Successful Online Quiz.
Click Next to move on to Lesson 10.