Affiliate Program Frequently Asked Questions
Thanks for considering promoting Thrive Themes - we're confident that we have one of the most rewarding program for our affiliates.
This article is to address the most common questions that we get on a regular basis about the affiliate program:-
Find the Thrive Affiliates tutorials here.
1. When are Payments Sent?
For each sale that you make, there is a 30 day "pending" period before the commission is confirmed. This is due to our 30 day refund policy for customers.
If the customer you referred hasn't refunded in the 30 day refund period, then your commission is confirmed and you will be paid on the 1st day of the month that follows.
So, for example, if you make a sale on the 20th January then the sale is due to be confirmed on the 19th February and you will be paid on the 1st March.
2. Why Haven't I Been Approved as an Affiliate?
We take a close look at each and every affiliate application to ensure the integrity of the application. Here are some reasons why we might not approve your account:-
- You haven't listed a web site in your profile
- Your web site listed has been infected with malware
- The email address that you've used to sign up with has been blacklisted by the various spam houses
If you receive an email to say that your application has been rejected, then simply reply to the email and we are more than happy to help you understand why you've been rejected and to work through getting you approved.
3. How Long Does it Take to Get My Affiliate Application Reviewed?
In normal circumstances, your application will be reviewed within a number of hours, however in some circumstances in can take as long as 7 business days.
4. What Sales Will I Be Rewarded For?
At Thrive Themes, we have an ever growing number of products for sale as we are continuing to launch new plugins and themes on a regular basis.
As an affiliate, you will be rewarded for any sale that you generate now or in the future.
Here are some clarifications:-
- If you send a customer to the Content Builder sales page and they end up purchasing a single theme instead, then you will be completely credited for that sale.
- If you send a visitor to the Content Builder sales page and instead of purchasing the Content Builder, they elect for the full membership, then you will be given full credit for that sale.
- If you direct a visitor to our site and they purchase the Content Builder and then the membership upsell, then you will be completely credited for both sales and you will also earn money each time the customer renews their membership for as long as that customer remains.
To be Clear:-
You will be credited for any sale that a visitor makes who landed on your affiliate link no matter what product they purchase and no matter which page on the site you sent them to through your link.
5. What is the Cookie Duration?
We have a cookie duration of 2 years.
This means that if you refer a customer today and they purchase Thrive within the next two years, then you'll be credited for the sale.
This is not to be confused with membership duration. If you refer a visitor that becomes a Thrive Themes member then you will be credited for every membership renewal for as long as this person remains a member. If the member renews for 5 years then you will receive commissions for every renewal in that period.
6. Why Didn't I Receive Commission?
If a customer uses your link to purchase a product, but you still do not receive a commission, one of two things may have happened:
- A customer used a link on your site which wasn't tagged with your affiliate id.
It's easy to overlook a link inside a blog article or an older page you haven't updated in a while. Please make sure all the links you share are affiliate links.
- Your affiliate id wasn't credited for referral, because another affiliate's tracking cookie was still active in the customer's browser.
Our affiliate software tracks affiliate links on a first come first serve-basis. The first affiliate link clicked will get the referral, even if other affiliate links are clicked after it. Since our cookies have a 2 year duration, your client might still have another affiliate's tracking cookie active.
The first come first serve affiliate tracking will balance itself over time, but if you want to make a personal referral immediately, please instruct your clients to clear their cookies before purchasing!
8. Are We Open to Podcast / Webinar / Other Live Promotions?
We are happy to work with affiliates that have a certain degree of reach by running educational and promotional webinars and by joining you on your podcast.
Obviously these promotion require a certain amount of time and resource to prepare and set up so we can only feasibly work with affiliates that have a certain degree of exposure in the marketplace.
If you want to explore the idea of working together on such a promotion then you can contact us through the email address below:-
9. How Do Our Offers Convert?
The conversion rate of a landing page depends on many factors including the quality of the traffic, any pre-sales material that the affiliate has launched, the person behind the promotion that's being made.. and so on.
Because of this, questions such as "What's the EPC for your Content Builder landing page?" are counter productive. We have had affiliates send 10's of thousands of visitors to a landing page without conversion and at the same time have had affiliates convert at $10 per click.
It's worth noting that a number of "heavy hitters" in the marketing space have built funnels around our products because they convert better than any other affiliate programs that they've used.
10. Who do I contact for Special Requests?
Send an email to the email address listed below and we will endeavour to get back to you within 24 hours:
11. Can I Purchase Through my Own Affiliate Link?
We strictly forbid the purchasing of our products through your own affiliate link in order to ensure that credit goes to the correct affiliate.
We will not pay out commissions to anyone who purchases through their own link.
Any abuse or misconduct will result in a permanent ban from the affiliate program.
12. Where Can I See My Pending Commissions?
Pending commissions are recorded instantly (at the point of purchase) and can be seen by logging into your affiliate dashboard and then clicking on the following link:-
Affiliate Program - Terms and Conditions
THE BASICS, IN PLAIN ENGLISH
Anyone can join the Thrive Themes affiliate program and you are welcome to use all our affiliate tools as well as any ethical means of promoting our products.
Let's get the unpleasant stuff out of the way:
- You are not allowed to use any form of spam to promote our products.
- You are not allowed to use Pay per click advertising to bid on brand keywords. This includes "Thrive Themes" or any variation of our product names, for example "Thrive Architect" or "Thrive Leads".
- You are not allowed to offer cashback bonuses to promote our products.
- You are not allowed to buy stuff through your own affiliate link (and it doesn't work, either).
- You are not allowed to claim that any of our products or promotional materials were authored by yourself.
- If we catch you doing either of the above, we reserve the right to deactivate your account at any time, without prior warning and you will not receive any commission payouts.
We do everything in our power to support and help all friendly, non-cheating affiliates in any way we can. We will not share any of your data with anyone. The data we collect is used for us to keep in touch with you and make sure you get paid. Nothing more.
The minimum payout is kept very low, at just $20. We don’t aim to hold anyone’s commissions hostage, so we set the payout limit as low as reasonably possible. Almost any sale you refer will bump you above the payout limit instantly.
Payments are made at the beginning of every month to your PayPal account, with a 30 day delay. 30 days is the refund period for our products. The 30 day delay in payments ensures that you get all of the non-refunded commissions for your referrals.
If you have any questions about any of this, please contact us at: email@example.com
Now, all that and more in more detail:
AFFILIATE AND MERCHANT RIGHTS
To be an authorized affiliate of Thrive Themes, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions contained in this agreement.
Please read this agreement carefully before registering and using the Thrive Themes affiliate program. By signing up for the Thrive Themes affiliate program, you indicate your acceptance of this agreement and its terms and conditions.
All affiliate signups are subject to approval by the owners and administrators of Thrive Themes (referred to as "TT" in the following). TT reserves the full rights on all products and tools offered inside the affiliate program. The promotional tools are not to be considered PLR material and affiliates as well as customers do not have resale rights in any way.
TT retains the right to reject any affiliates at any time, for any reason and regardless of any previous conditions. Any attempts to use unethical or illegal promotion methods as well as any attempts to deceive TT and the operators of the affiliate program will lead to immediate closure of the affiliate's account as well as the blocking of any further attempts of that same affiliate or proxies of that same affiliate to sign up.
By signing up to the TT affiliate program you agree that:
- You are of legal age and there is no legal reason that would prevent or disallow you from promoting products as an affiliate and earning commissions from these promotions.
- Any website/newsletter/video or other content (further referred to as "content") is originally created by you and/or licensed to you.
- Your promotional content and/or website is not in conflict with any laws.
- Your promotional content is not defamatory and does not violate any entity's rights.
- Your promotional content does not infringe any copyrights.
- You never do any kind of unsolicited promotions anywhere (commonly known as spamming).
- You will not use any fraudulent methods to generate impressions, clicks and commissions.
- You are an overall awesome person with a knack for doing things ethically and legally.
TT respects the privacy of all it's affiliates and partners. We will not share or sell any of your information with any 3rd party without your explicit permission. All of your personal information is securely stored and is only used for TT to keep you up to date on our affiliate system, our offers for you to promote and to send you notifications as you specify in your dashboard settings.
AFFILIATE PAYMENTS AND REFUNDS
All approved TT affiliates can generate commissions by referring customers through their individual affiliate links, accessible in the affiliate dashboard.
Commission amounts vary depending on the products and campaigns promoted. TT reserves the right to change affiliate commission amounts at any time (you will be notified in advance if this happens and the changes are never retroactive).
It is the affiliate's responsibility to ensure that their affiliate links and promotional banners are placed within their promotional material correctly.
All approved, non-refunded commissions are paid out once per month, with a minimum payment threshold of $20.
The only accepted payout method is via PayPal. All affiliates can create a free PayPal account and must enter their correct payment address in their dashboard to be eligible for payments.
TT does not approve purchases of affiliates through their own affiliate links.
All commissions are paid out twice monthly, after a 30 day delay, to ensure that any refunded purchases can be deducted from the commissions.
If you have any questions about the TT affiliate program TOS, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org