How to Get Notified in Real Time About New Leads
The other day, I was looking at international health insurance options. After a quick Google search I landed on a website that offered some packages that looked decent.
I was 80% convinced the offering was what I was looking for but I still had 2 or 3 unanswered "I'm a special snowflake"-questions.
That's when I saw the form: "Need help deciding which package is perfect for you?" My thoughts "Yes, please!" I didn't hesitate to give them my phone number.
A few minutes later, a sales person called me back. He answered my remaining questions and closed the deal.
1 Hot Lead + 1 Call = $$$
Discover how can you use the power of telephone sales in your business even if you do not have a sales team on call 24h/day.
A Very Brief Window of Opportunity
A call-back strategy can be extremely profitable for your business too. Especially if you're offering a service, consulting, coaching or any other type of high end product.
When somebody requests a call, they are almost ready to commit. They just need that little nudge to get them to purchase.
Thing is, you have to act fast.
As soon as you receive a new lead, the timer starts ticking.
- The odds of a lead becoming a customer decreases 21x between 5 min and 30 min... And 4x between 5 and 10 min (source).
- The good news is that only 53% of companies who receive a web lead will contact them by phone (source).
This means that, with the right systems in place, you can be the exception that closes the deal.
We're offering you a solution to get the best of both worlds, hot telephone leads and the opportunity to act fast without checking your website every 5 minutes.
Tools of the Trade
How it All Comes Together
A visitor arrives on your website and fills out a call-back form.
Thrive Leads, through the Thrive Notification manager is sending the collected opt-in information to Zapier.
From here, Zapier will notify Twilio and then Twilio will send you an SMS notification.
Step by Step:
- Set up a new Thrive Leads form with a phone field, connected to your email marketing service (= MailChimp).
- Set up a new notification in Thrive Notification Manager. Choose email sign-up and "custom script". 5.32 min
- Open a free Zapier account, click the "make a zap" button and select "webhook" as the trigger. 6.40 min
- Copy-paste the URL from Zapier into the Thrive notification you're setting up. 7.15 min
- Sign-up to your telephone opt-in form to check if the trigger is working correctly in Zapier. 7.40 min
- Open a free Twilio account and ask a new phone number. Make sure to choose a number from the same country as your "real" cell phone number, this will avoid applying for international calls and paying extra. 8.06 min
- Choose Twilio as the action in your zap and connect the account. 9.42 min
- Continue setting up the zap with your Twilio phone number, your "real" cell phone number and select the information you would like to receive in your SMS message (I suggest the name and the phone number). 10.14 min
- Verify if everything is working appropriately.
- Start receiving SMS notifications when you receive a new phone lead on your website!
Take Advantage of SMS Notifications Today
I hope this tutorial helped you set up an SMS notification but also that you see the power of the notification manager!
Let me know in the comments, will you set this up? Did you find other ways to make Zapier or the notification manager work for you?