Everything You Need to Know About Landing Page Templates for WordPress
Have you ever wondered why you would need to use a landing page template for WordPress? Or how you would go about importing it on your own website? Or even how you could create them yourself? Then keep on reading!
In this quick guide we'll answer the questions above and much more. By the end, you'll know exactly what the best landing page template would be for your site and how to get started immediately.
Why Use a WordPress Landing Page Template?
Using a WordPress landing page template has several advantages. The biggest ones are speed of implementation and design.
Speed of Implementation
What would you prefer?
- Spending hours trying to make a landing page look exactly the way you want it?
- Or simply have a landing page up and running in minutes?
Studies have shown that businesses with 40 landing pages or more generally get 12x more leads than those with 5 or less landing pages (source). This means, if you have an online business, you'll be creating a ton of landing pages: webinar sign-up pages, squeeze pages, sales pages, lead generation pages, confirmation pages, thank you pages and many more.
That's why at Thrive Themes we have this maxim:
Your chances of ever creating something great can be predicted by your ability to DELIVER something simple.
Landing pages are no exception to this rule and there is nothing simpler than loading a landing page template to your site.
Landing page templates not only allow you to create landing pages faster, but they also allow you to concentrate on what is most important: the copy on your landing page because you know the design is taken care off. Which brings us to the next point...
Chances are you're not a designer. Picking the right font and colors is not your strength. But you still want your landing pages to look professional, right? That's exactly what a landing page WordPress template was made for.
In Thrive Landing Pages, you'll find 319 landing page templates for WordPress and all of them are made by professional designers who know how to make a page look good and make sure it is conversion focused. Because while design is important, you wouldn't want a nice looking landing page that doesn't convert, would you?
How to Choose the Best Landing Page Template?
That's a hard question to answer... The best landing page template is the one that fits your needs and gets you the highest conversion rate.
For each goal (webinar sign-up, lead generation, sales, ...) you'll be able to find multiple landing page templates.
Imagine you're looking to create a lead generation landing page. Elements helping you pick the best template are:
- The type of opt-in offer. You'll pick a different template if you're offering a free ebook vs. a free video course.
- The images for your opt-in offer. Do you have images or not? Some landing page templates use icons rather than product images. The icons will save you time since you won't have to create any images.
- Video or text? Depending on the way you communicate your message, you'll select a different template
But most importantly... You'll have to test what works best!
When talking about conversion rates, there is no such thing as a "best converting template". What works on one website in one market might not work at all in another market or for another brand! Some audiences will resonate with a very simple template, while others will want all the bells and whistles.
That's exactly why landing page templates are so powerful. You can get a page up and running in minutes and create a second one to A/B test (with a free tool like Google Analytics) and find out which page will get you the highest conversion rate.
Having a free template library at your disposal (such as the one you get access to when buying Thrive Landing Pages) will allow you to quickly test and find the best landing page for you and your business.
How to Install a Landing Page Template in WordPress?
If you're using Thrive Landing Pages, installing a WordPress landing page is as easy as clicking a few buttons.
- Create a new page on your website and save or publish it
- Click on "Edit with Thrive Content Builder"
- Go to the Thrive Landing Pages menu and select "Choose a landing page"
- Pick the template fitting your needs from one of the 319 landing page templates.
- Click the "Load Landing Page" button
- That's it! You now have your template ready to edit on your site.
How to Create Your Own WordPress Landing Page Template?
We've talked about one of the biggest advantages of using a landing page template being the professional design, but what if you ARE a designer? Or maybe you hired a designer to make a landing page template just for you?
In that case, you can follow one of our landing page from scratch videos to learn exactly how to create your own landing page template.
When you're done, you can save the template in your landing page templates' library or you can even export it so you can import it on another website.
Using the import/export feature in Thrive Landing Pages will help you:
- Save hours of work because you do not have to customize each page from scratch.
- Help you keep a consistent brand image.
- Create templates for clients (on your own/demo site) and upload them on the live website once they are ready to publish.
As you can see, creating your own landing page templates for WordPress is simple and will help you create the unique look you're looking for.
Now it's your turn: