Signup Segue – Meet the Most Powerful 1-Click Signup Feature Ever
If you've been following us for a while, you know that we believe you shouldn't keep asking your subscribers to subscribe. That's why we created the SmartLinks feature as one of the most straight-forward ways to make a website "smarter" and more effective.
Today, we're introducing another big new feature in Thrive Leads, which follows this same philosophy: the Signup Segue.
The Power of 1-Click Signups
The easiest way to explain what Signup Segue is about is via an example. You can watch this tutorial video below and read the description to see how this feature makes a massive difference to a common online marketing scenario:
In short, Signup Segue allows you to create 1-click "instant" signup links that you can send to your email subscribers.
Through a Signup Segue link click, you can instantly add an existing subscriber to a new service, without having to ask them to subscribe again. Typically, this comes in handy when you're doing a live webinar.
The Webinar Example
Usually, this is how you get your email subscribers registered for a webinar event:
- You send an email to your list, containing a link.
- Subscribers click on the link, which takes them to a signup page for the webinar.
- They fill out the form on that page, to register for the webinar.
- They see a confirmation message from the webinar service (and this page is a dead-end page with nothing further for them to do).
There are a few problems with this process: first, we're asking the subscriber to fill out information that we already have about them. The signup form for a webinar is pretty much the same as the signup form for a mailing list. Because of this extra step, we're losing conversions. Some people can't be bothered to fill out another form or might not have enough trust to do it ("what am I signing up for, here?").
And finally, we're wasting a lot of traffic because it all ends in a dead-end page.
Signup Segue solves this problem by generating a link for you, which will instantly sign up any subscriber that clicks on it, to your webinar event. No signup pages or extra steps needed.
The links works by making use of a feature supported by virtually every email marketing solution: merge fields.
By inserting these merge fields in the URL, you can create an individual signup link for each one of your subscribers and their details can be passed on to the webinar system without them needing to fill out another form.
This makes signing up for webinar events much more convenient for your subscribers. But that's not all...
It also leads to higher conversion rates, since everyone who clicks on the link is signed up and there's no extra step where you need to convert them again (after already convincing them to click on a link in your email). But even that is not the biggest advantage of the Signup Segue...
Attention Where You Need It
With Signup Segue, the new process looks like this:
The signup happens instantly, in the background and the subscriber is directed to a custom confirmation page.
That means you still have the subscriber's undivided attention and you have full control over what is shown on this page.
If you just want to display a simple confirmation message, you can.
But if you want to make use of this traffic, you can do that, too:
- Advertise a premium product or service on this page, to monetize it.
- Display ads or affiliate links after your confirmation message.
- Link to your latest blog content, to get more readers.
- Offer a free report as a signup bonus (also a great way to get subscribers prepared and excited for the upcoming webinar).
- Add social buttons and invite your subscribers to share your webinar registration page or follow you on social media.
Those are just a few ideas. No doubt you can think of many more useful options for your specific business and market.
Turning it Up to 11
This instant signup and redirect feature is already badass as it is, but in typical Thrive Themes fashion, we decided to turn it up to 11...
We call this the conditional redirect:
When using this feature, you can define when your even is taking place and how long it will take. Then, you can set different redirect options for before, during and after the event.
To continue with the webinar example, here's what your setup could look like:
- When someone clicks on the Signup Segue link before the webinar event, they are directed to a confirmation page with a reminder about the webinar date and time.
- When someone clicks on the Signup Segue link during the webinar, they are sent to the GoToWebinar registration page - because that's the most convenient way to join an ongoing webinar.
- When someone clicks on the Signup Segue link after the webinar has already ended, they are sent to a page that initially shows a "sorry, you missed it" message and later shows the webinar replay (once that is uploaded).
And this all happens on click of the exact same link, in the same email, just depending on the time and date of when the click happens.
Over to You
The Signup Segue feature is available right now, in the latest version of the Thrive Leads plugin. It's one of the more advanced and also more powerful features we've added, lately. And as usual, you'll find this feature to be highly flexible.
I have no doubt that you will find many ways to use this to your advantage, that we haven't even though of yet.
If you have any questions or ideas, please let us know by leaving a comment below!