Start Collecting Leads Even Before Your Site is Ready (Including Templates)
You bought your domain name, set up a hosting account and installed WordPress. Technically, you have a website... but you don't have any of the actual content ready yet.
Luckily, while you're working on getting that conversion focused website up and running you can already start collecting leads.
Let me show you how to do this with the new "Coming Soon" landing pages included in Thrive Architect.
The Coming Soon Landing Page Set
Thrive Architect comes with a library of over 200 landing pages and this includes a brand new set of coming soon pages.
In the Coming Soon Set, you'll find 12 different designs that will allow you to publish a good looking announcement page in seconds.
Crucially, the templates include a lead generation form. That means you can start collecting leads even if your full site isn't ready yet! You'll be able to put your URL on your business cards or on your social media profiles without being ashamed of people arriving on an "under construction" website.
How to Set Up a Coming Soon Homepage
A coming soon landing page is simply a page that replaces your normal homepage until that one is ready to go live.
The coming soon page doesn't have any links on it, so your visitors won't find the parts of your site that are still under construction. This lets you take all the time you need to get your website set up perfectly.
Getting this page up and running on your site is super easy:
2. Install & activate it in your WordPress. Check out this article for guidance.
3. Open your Thrive Product Manager, log into your account.
4. Once you've logged in, you'll see the Thrive Products you purchased. Install & activate Thrive Architect within your Product Manager. Check out this article for guidance.
5. Create a new page and call this page Coming Soon, then click on the "Edit with Thrive Architect" button.
6. Click on "Change Template" on the right to select a landing page.
7. Search for the page set called "Coming Soon" and pick the design you like.
8. Customize the page and connect the lead generation element with your email service through API.
9. Save the page in Thrive Architect, publish the page from within the WordPress editor.
10. In the WordPress dashboard go to "Settings" > "Reading" and select "Static Page". In the drop down menu, select the page called "Coming Soon".
11. If you don't want your pages to be indexed by search engines while working on your site tick the box "Discourage search engines from indexing this site". Don't forget to change this setting again when your site is ready!
That's it, you now have a coming soon page as your homepage :)
Need Help Setting Up Your Complete Website?
Now that you have a coming soon page on your site, it's time to work on that shiny conversion focused website of yours.
If you're not sure where to start, we have a 10-part video course in Thrive University that will guide you from blank WordPress install to complete conversion focused website.
If you haven't already, create your free Thrive University account and start creating your site today:
Over to You...
Any questions? Please let me know in the comments below!