Step by Step: Create a Webinar Funnel on Your WP Website (without expensive tools)
Setting up a fully functioning webinar funnel can seem pretty complicated. There are so many moving parts and a live audience to witness any 'technical difficulties.' Not to mention the programs you need to run the actual webinar can be fairly pricey.
With Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder it is possible to build a live webinar funnel from within your WordPress website, using nothing but your YouTube account and an email service provider.
Check out the video for a step by step guide.
What Does the Funnel Look Like?
This funnel will consist of four pages.
- A Registration Page
- A Thank You Page
- A Live Broadcast Page
- A Replay Page
Once a visitor registers for the webinar their details are sent to your email service provider automatically. They will then be redirected to a thank you page confirming their signup.
Before the webinar you a message to your mailing list, containing the link to the live Broadcast Page. From here you can live stream your webinar through a YouTube embed link. After the webinar you can send a follow up email with a link to the Replay Page.
And for easy tutorials on how to connect to your Email Service Provider to your Thrive Themes account search our Knowledge Base for your provider.
Here I'll summarize the steps in the video tutorial for quick reference.
Step 1 - Capturing Leads
- Create a Registration Page and name it after your webinar (58 sec)
- Create the other three pages in your funnel, using the Registration Page as your parent page (1 min 20 sec)
- Load the Vibrant Webinar Registration template onto your Registration Page (for tips on creating a high converting Registration Page watch this video from Shane)
- Connect the registration button to your email service provider (4 min 15 sec)
- Redirect to the Thank You Page (5 min 27 sec)
- Load a Vibrant template onto your Thank You Page (6 min 24 sec)
Step 2 - Creating a YouTube Live Event
- Create a live streaming event in your YouTube account (8 min 38 sec)
- Allow embedding in the advanced settings (if this is option is grayed out see this article) (9 min 14 sec)
- Copy the YouTube event URL (9 min 38 sec)
Step 3 - The Broadcast Room
- Load the Vibrant Live Streaming Template on your Broadcast Page (9 min 54 sec)
- Paste the YouTube URL into the video element (10 min 8 sec)
- Hide player controls and select autoplay (10 mins 25 sec)
- Add a comments box below the video if desired (10min 52 sec)
Step 4 - Replaying Your Webinar
- Load the Vibrant Webinar Replay template on you Replay Page (11 min 34 sec)
- Click on the video and replace the URL with the YouTube event URL (11 min 48 sec)
Step 5 - Completing the Funnel
- Use your email service provider to send a link to your Broadcast Page before the webinar, and a link to the Replay Page after the webinar
- Start the webinar by clicking the Start Hangouts on Air button on your scheduled event (12 min 26 sec)
- Make sure to test all aspects of the funnel with a dummy webinar before the live event
And there you have it, everything you need to create a simple webinar funnel with Thrive Themes and YouTube.
If you have any questions or comments about this webinar funnel, or you’d like us to create a tutorial on any other funnel types, let us know in the comments below.