How to Create Images for Your Website
A question I've been asked often lately is "how do you create the images and graphics for your posts?"
I've always tried to add a visual component to all of my posts and pages, but with image licensing issues and complicated design tools, it's not easy to create visually appealing posts without wasting a lot of time.
In this video, I present a simple (and free) solution anyone can use to create better website graphics.
Click here to start using Canva, the free tool demonstrated in the video!
In case you're wondering: my preference for visual content isn't just arbitrary. Here's an infographic with some reasons why design and images matter for any online business:
With Canva, you have an easy tool that lets you tap into the benefits of visually rich pages and content without needing a designer or Photoshop.
Some other free image editing tools that you should know about are:
Update! Here are some more great tools and resources suggested by readers (see comments below):
- PicMonkey - an alternative to Canva, suggested by Eric.
- YouZign (beta) - another online image editing tool, recommended by Karim.
- iPiccy - a simple photo editing tool recommended by Marlene.
- Unsplash - get fantastic photos, free for commercial use (recommended by Steve).
- Pixabay - a huge collection of free for commercial use images that I like to use.
Do you have other tools or apps you love to use for web images? Let us know by leaving a comment!