In today's landing page from scratch video, we're building the homepage for an upcoming live event in Bali.
The event is called the Digital Marketer Skill Share. At the time of our video recording, the business is in the phase of collecting leads: people can sign up to join the waiting list for the event. This is a very smart way to be able to start marketing the event, get sponsors and gauge interest before actually selling the tickets.
Even if you're not currently organizing an event, this landing page from scratch video is for you if:
- You would like to know how to build visually interesting layouts such as a grid layout and a 2-column layout, while making clever use of white space.
- You want to discover how to make your most important information stand out immediately.
- You want to become quicker at using Thrive Architect WordPress page builder (formerly Thrive Content Builder) to create any page or layout on your site.
Make Your Most Important Information Stand Out
The main purpose of this homepage is to inform people about the details of the event and get people to sign up to the email wait list.
That's why above the fold we have:
- A "Join Wait List" button in the header (4.19 min) that's linked to a call to action further down the page (27.27 min)
- A white contrasting content box with divider elements to show off the "When" and "Where" of the event (8.16 min)
- A horizontal lead generation element with custom filler text (13 min)
Answer the "What's In It For Me?" Question
An event homepage is basically a sales page, you try to convince people that the event is worth the time and money.
That's why the "What's In It For Me" section is so important.
By using a two column layout with a title and a custom illustration on the left and a right aligned text element on the other side, we direct the eye to the most important persuasion element of the page. (28.41 min)
The use of white space is important here, to make the information enjoyable to read.
The Next Phase: Selling Tickets
Soon, the tickets will be available for sale and at that time the lead generation elements will be switched over to call to action buttons. These buttons will then link to the pricing table on the page.
Now It's Your Turn!
I hope you liked this new landing page from scratch video and that you found some new tips and tricks to implement on your site.
And if you have any comments or questions, please leave them below!